Mobiles can be a fun and easy craft that is sure to spark your preschooler’s creativity. You will need dowel rods (12 inches long), yarn, construction paper, ribbon, and glue.
- Cut the construction paper into hearts, different colors and sizes.
- Cut strips of yarn (5 pieces per mobile) in 3 different lengths. The longest piece will be the center strip for the mobile, the next longest pieces will go on either side and then the shortest pieces will be on each end. We recommend 6, 8 inches and 10 to 12 inches for the lengths.
- Glue the hearts onto the yarn spacing them apart an inch to two inches apart down the length of each piece of yarn.
- Tie each piece of yarn to the dowel rod, spacing them apart along the dowel rod.
- Cut a piece of ribbon approximately 12 inches long. Tie the ribbon to one end of the dowel rod and tie the other end of the ribbon to the opposite end of the dowel rod.
Hang the mobile where everyone can see the art your little one has created!
Homemade Valentine Cards
Homemade Valentine cards are the best! Kids get to be creative and practice writing. To get started you will need construction paper, glitter, glue, crayons or markers, tissue paper, and scissors.
- Let the kids pick the color they want their card to be. Have them fold the piece of construction paper in half.
- Next is the creative part. Have them cut hearts out of construction paper, and tissue paper as well as arrows or any other shape they would like to decorate their card with. Glue the hearts, arrows and other shapes to the front of the card.
- Place dots of glue on the front of the card and sprinkle glitter on top of the glue.
- Once the glue is dry, have the preschoolers write inside of the card whatever they would like for the person they made the card for. Have them practice writing words and signing their name on their Valentine’s Day cards.
We hope you enjoyed our article on fun and easy Valentine crafts for preschoolers. Now it’s time to pull out the craft supplies and let your little ones get creative. If you haven’t already, make sure you visit Summit Children’s Center for a tour, and take a look at our website for more tips, tricks and advice when it comes to child care and preschool.